Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
2 chorizo sausages
3 red bell peppers
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
½ cup bread crumbs
½ cup asiago cheese, grated
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the tops off of the peppers. Remove seeds and ribs from peppers. Dice the tops.
3. Remove the sausage from the casings and break up into small pieces.
4. Saute the onion and pepper until soft.
5. Add the sausage, garlic, cumin, and chili powder and sauté until the sausage is cooked. Remove from heat.
6. Add the egg and the bread crumbs to the sausage mixture.
7. Mix in the asiago cheese
8. Stuff the peppers with the sausage mixture.
9. Brush the outside of the peppers with olive oil.
10 Bake the peppers for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is slightly crunchy.
Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos
1 lb bulk pork sausage (for more of a kick, use spicy)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
22 large jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; fold in sausage.
Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each jalapeno half.
Place in two ungreased 13-in x 9-in baking dishes. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until filling is lightly browned and bubbly.